Examcollection offers free demo for GSEC exam. "GIAC Security Essentials Certification", also known as GSEC exam, is a GIAC Certification. This set of posts, Passing the GIAC GSEC exam, will help you answer those questions. The GSEC Questions & Answers covers all the knowledge points of the real exam. 100% real GIAC GSEC exams and revised by experts!
Free demo questions for GIAC GSEC Exam Dumps Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
Which of the following statements about Microsoft's VPN client software is FALSE?
- A. The VPN interface can be figured into the route tabl
- B. The VPN interface has the same IP address as the interface to the network it's been specified to protec
- C. The VPN client software is built into the Windows operating syste
- D. The VPN tunnel appears as simply another adapte
NEW QUESTION 2
What is the term for a game in which for every win there must be an equivalent loss?
- A. Asymmetric
- B. Untenable
- C. Zero-sum
- D. Gain-oriented
NEW QUESTION 3
When discussing access controls, which of the following terms describes the process of determining the activities or functions that an Individual is permitted to perform?
- A. Authentication
- B. Identification
- C. Authorization
- D. Validation
NEW QUESTION 4
Which of the following proxy servers provides administrative controls over the content?
- A. Content filtering web proxy server
- B. Caching proxy server
- C. Forced proxy server
- D. Web proxy server
NEW QUESTION 5
You work as a Network Administrator for Net Soft Inc. You are designing a data backup plan for your company's network. The backup policy of the company requires high security and easy recovery of data. Which of the following options will you choose to accomplish this?
- A. Take a full backup daily with the previous night's tape taken offsit
- B. Take a full backup daily and use six-tape rotatio
- C. Take a full backup on Monday and an incremental backup on each of the following weekday
- D. Keep Monday's backup offsit
- E. Take a full backup on alternate days and keep rotating the tape
- F. Take a full backup on Monday and a differential backup on each of the following weekday
- G. Keep Monday's backup offsit
- H. Take a full backup daily with one tape taken offsite weekl
NEW QUESTION 6
You work as a Network Administrator for NetTech Inc. When you enter http://220.127.116.11 in the browser's address bar, you are able to access the site. But, you are unable to access the site when you enter http://www.uCertify.com. What is the most likely cause?
- A. DNS entry is not available for the host nam
- B. The site's Web server is offlin
- C. The site's Web server has heavy traffi
- D. WINS server has no NetBIOS name entry for the serve
NEW QUESTION 7
Which of the following files contains the shadowed password entries in Linux?
- A. /etc/passwd
- B. /etc/shadow
- C. /etc/profile
- D. /etc/shdpwd
NEW QUESTION 8
How is a Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attack distinguished from a regular DOS attack?
- A. DDOS attacks are perpetrated by many distributed host
- B. DDOS affects many distributed target
- C. Regular DOS focuses on a single route
- D. DDOS affects the entire Interne
NEW QUESTION 9
Which of the following is a standard Unix command that would most likely be used to copy raw file system data for later forensic analysis?
- A. dd
- B. backup
- C. cp
- D. gzip
NEW QUESTION 10
An employee is currently logged into the corporate web server, without permission. You log into the web server as 'admin" and look for the employee's username: "dmaul" using the "who" command. This is what you get back:
- A. The contents of the /var/log/messages file has been altered
- B. The contents of the bash history file has been altered
- C. The contents of the utmp file has been altered
- D. The contents of the http logs have been altered
NEW QUESTION 11
Which of the below choices should an organization start with when implementing an effective risk management process?
- A. Implement an incident response plan
- B. Define security policy requirements
- C. Conduct periodic reviews
- D. Design controls and develop standards for each technology you plan to deploy
NEW QUESTION 12
In a /24 subnet, which of the following is a valid broadcast address?
- A. 18.104.22.168
- B. 22.214.171.124
- C. 245.20.30.254
- D. 126.96.36.199
NEW QUESTION 13
When a packet leaving the network undergoes Network Address Translation (NAT), which of the following is changed?
- A. TCP Sequence Number
- B. Source address
- C. Destination port
- D. Destination address
NEW QUESTION 14
If you do NOT have an original file to compare to, what is a good way to identify steganography in potential carrier files?
- A. Determine normal properties through methods like statistics and look for changes
- B. Determine normal network traffic patterns and look for changes
- C. Find files with the extension .stg
- D. Visually verify the files you suspect to be steganography messages
NEW QUESTION 15
Many IIS servers connect to Microsoft SQL databases. Which of the following statements about SQL server security is TRUE?
- A. SQL Server patches are part of the operating system patche
- B. SQL Server should be installed on the same box as your IIS web server when they communicate as part of the web applicatio
- C. It is good practice to never use integrated Windows authentication for SQL Serve
- D. It is good practice to not allow users to send raw SQL commands to the SQL Serve
NEW QUESTION 16
A folder D:\Files\Marketing has the following NTFS permissions:
. Administrators: Full Control
. Marketing: Change and Authenticated
. Users: Read
It has been shared on the server as "MARKETING", with the following share permissions:
. Full Control share permissions for the Marketing group
Which of the following effective permissions apply if a user from the Sales group accesses the \\FILESERVER\MARKETING shared folder?
- A. No access
- B. Full Control
- C. Read
- D. Change
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following is NOT typically used to mitigate the war dialing threat?
- A. Setting up monitored modems on special phone numbers
- B. Setting modems to auto-answer mode
- C. Proactively scanning your own phone numbers
- D. Monitoring call logs at the switch
NEW QUESTION 18
Which of the following languages enable programmers to store cookies on client computers? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose two.
- A. DHTML
- B. Perl
- C. HTML
NEW QUESTION 19
Which of the following statements about policy is FALSE?
- A. A well-written policy contains definitions relating to "what" to d
- B. A well-written policy states the specifics of "how" to do somethin
- C. Security policy establishes what must be done to protect information stored on computer
- D. Policy protects people who are trying to do the right thin
NEW QUESTION 20
100% Valid and Newest Version GSEC Questions & Answers shared by Certleader, Get Full Dumps HERE: https://www.certleader.com/GSEC-dumps.html (New 279 Q&As)