100% Correct of GSEC book materials and test engine for GIAC certification for examinee, Real Success Guaranteed with Updated GSEC pdf dumps vce Materials. 100% PASS GIAC Security Essentials Certification exam Today!
Online GSEC free questions and answers of New Version:
NEW QUESTION 1
Who is responsible for deciding the appropriate classification level for data within an organization?
- A. Data custodian
- B. Security auditor
- C. End user
- D. Data owner
NEW QUESTION 2
Which of the following applications would be BEST implemented with UDP instead of TCP?
- A. A multicast streaming applicatio
- B. A web browse
- C. A DNS zone transfe
- D. A file transfer applicatio
NEW QUESTION 3
There is not universal agreement on the names of the layers in the TCP/IP networking model. Which of the following is one of the functions of the bottom layer which is sometimes called the Network Access or Link Layer?
- A. Provides end-to-end data delivery service for user applications
- B. Handles the routing of the data packets over the network
- C. Manages IP addressing and encryption for data packets
- D. Defines the procedures for interfacing with Ethernet devices
NEW QUESTION 4
You are examining an IP packet with a header of 40 bytes in length and the value at byte 0 of the packet header is 6. Which of the following describes this packet?
- A. This is an IPv4 packet; the protocol encapsulated in the payload is unspecifie
- B. This is an IPv4 packet with a TCP payloa
- C. This is an IPv6 packet; the protocol encapsulated in the payload is unspecifie
- D. This is an IPv6 packet with a TCP payloa
NEW QUESTION 5
You have been hired to design a TCP/IP-based network that will contain both Unix and Windows computers. You are planning a name resolution strategy. Which of the following services will best suit the requirements of the network?
- A. APIPA
- B. LMHOSTS
- C. DNS
- D. DHCP
- E. WINS
NEW QUESTION 6
You work as a Network Administrator for Net World Inc. The company has a Linux-based network. For testing purposes, you have configured a default IP-table with several filtering rules. You want to reconfigure the table. For this, you decide to remove the rules from all the chains in the table. Which of the following commands will you use?
- A. IPTABLES -D
- B. IPTABLES -A
- C. IPTABLES -h
- D. IPTABLES -F
NEW QUESTION 7
Which of the following applications cannot proactively detect anomalies related to a computer?
- A. Firewall installed on the computer
- B. NIDS
- C. HIDS
- D. Anti-virus scanner
NEW QUESTION 8
What is the function of the TTL (Time to Live) field in IPv4 and the Hop Limit field in IPv6 In an IP Packet header?
- A. These fields are decremented each time a packet is retransmitted to minimize the possibility of routing loop
- B. These fields are initialized to an initial value to prevent packet fragmentation and fragmentation attack
- C. These fields are recalculated based on the required time for a packet to arrive at its destinatio
- D. These fields are incremented each time a packet is transmitted to indicate the number of routers that an IP packet has traverse
NEW QUESTION 9
A sensor that uses a light beam and a detecting plate to alarm if the light beam is obstructed is most commonly used to identify which of the following threats?
- A. Power
- B. Smoke
- C. Natural Gas
- D. Water
- E. Toxins
NEW QUESTION 10
You work as a Network Administrator for Net Perfect Inc. The company has a Linux-based network. You are configuring an application server. An application named Report, which is owned by the root user, is placed on the server. This application requires superuser permission to write to other files. All sales managers of the company will be using the application. Which of the following steps will you take in order to enable the sales managers to run and use the Report application?
- A. Change the Report application to a SUID comman
- B. Make the user accounts of all the sales managers the members of the root grou
- C. Provide password of root user to all the sales manager
- D. Ask each sales manager to run the application as the root use
- E. As the application is owned by the root, no changes are require
NEW QUESTION 11
What type of attack can be performed against a wireless network using the tool Kismet?
- A. IP spoofing
- B. Eavesdropping
- C. Masquerading
- D. Denial of Service
NEW QUESTION 12
John works as a Network Administrator for Perfect Solutions Inc. The company has a Linux-based network. John is working as a root user on the Linux operating system. He is currently working on his C based new traceroute program. Since, many processes are running together on the system, he wants to give the highest priority to the cc command process so that he can test his program, remove bugs, and submit it to the office in time. Which of the following commands will John use to give the highest priority to the cc command process?
- A. nice -n 19 cc -c *.c &
- B. nice cc -c *.c &
- C. nice -n -20 cc -c *.c &
- D. nice cc -c *.c
NEW QUESTION 13
Which common firewall feature can be utilized to generate a forensic trail of evidence and
to identify attack trends against your network?
- A. NAT
- B. State Table
- C. Logging
- D. Content filtering
NEW QUESTION 14
When no anomaly is present in an Intrusion Detection, but an alarm is generated, the response is known as.
- A. False negative
- B. False positive
- C. True positive
- D. True negative
NEW QUESTION 15
Which of the following commands is used to change file access permissions in Linux?
- A. chgrp
- B. chperm
- C. chmod
- D. chown
NEW QUESTION 16
Which of the following is an advantage of private circuits versus VPNs?
- A. Flexibility
- B. Performance guarantees
- C. Cost
- D. Time required to implement
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following statements about Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) are true? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose two.
- A. It uses TCP port 443 as the default por
- B. It is a protocol used in the Universal Resource Locater (URL) address line to connect to a secure sit
- C. It is a protocol used to provide security for a database server in an internal networ
- D. It uses TCP port 80 as the default por
NEW QUESTION 18
Which of the following statements would describe the term "incident" when used in the branch of security known as Incident Handling?
- A. Any observable network event
- B. Harm to systems
- C. Significant threat of harm to systems
- D. A and C
- E. A, B, and C
- F. B and C
- G. A and B
NEW QUESTION 19
Which of the following monitors program activities and modifies malicious activities on a system?
- A. Back door
- B. HIDS
- C. NIDS
- D. RADIUS
NEW QUESTION 20
Thanks for reading the newest GSEC exam dumps! We recommend you to try the PREMIUM Certshared GSEC dumps in VCE and PDF here: https://www.certshared.com/exam/GSEC/ (279 Q&As Dumps)