Act now and download your CompTIA 220-1001 test today! Do not waste time for the worthless CompTIA 220-1001 tutorials. Download Refresh CompTIA CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1 exam with real questions and answers and begin to learn CompTIA 220-1001 with a classic professional.
NEW QUESTION 1
Which of the following devices can utilize VLANs to secure networks?
- A. Switch
- B. Hub
- C. Repeater
- D. Bridge
NEW QUESTION 2
A technician wants to block remote logins to a server. Which of the following ports should be blocked?
- A. 21
- B. 23
- C. 80
- D. 443
NEW QUESTION 3
You need to configure your mobile device to send and receive electronic messages from your company. You must use the company’s WLAN as all e-mail services are on default non-secure ports.
The company’s WLAN is broadcasting across the company for easier access. Both incoming and outgoing servers require login credentials.
Use the following parameters:
• Email address tech@techies com
• Password P@SSwOrd
• Pop techies com Port 110 Security. None
• IMAP techies com Port 993 Security SSL
• smtp.techies.com Port 465 Security: TLS
• Company SSID Techies
• Security WPA2
• Passphrase P@SSwOrd
• SSID is not broadcasted INSTRUCTIONS:
Update the mobile device’s parameters to fit the criteria.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.
- A. Mastered
- B. Not Mastered
See explanation below
NEW QUESTION 4
Whenever a user’s machine is turned on, a black screen appears prompting the user for an administrative password. The technician has no such password on file for this machine.
Which of the following steps should the technician take to resolve this issue?
- A. Press and hold the CPU power button for five seconds, and then power back on.
- B. Disconnect and reconnect the internal hard drive.
- C. Remove the CMOS battery and reinsert it after ten seconds.
- D. Remove the motherboard and place it back into the machine after ten minutes.
NEW QUESTION 5
The cloud model that represents a company maintaining some data in on-premise storage and some data in cloud-based storage is known as:
- A. hybrid
- B. private
- C. public
- D. community
NEW QUESTION 6
A technician is setting up a VM for use in testing software deployments. The VM is offline, but the hypervisor is not.
Which of the following settings should the technician change to resolve this issue?
- A. Virtual security
- B. Virtual storage
- C. Virtual CPU
- D. Virtual switch
- E. Virtual RAM
NEW QUESTION 7
A customer asks a technician to help set up a specialized computing system for video editing.
Which of the following should the technician install on the workstation to BEST meet the customer’s
specifications? (Choose two.)
- A. SSD
- B. Dual monitors
- C. Gigabit NIC
- D. Hypervisor
- E. Docking station
- F. NAS
NEW QUESTION 8
Ann, a user, reports that after setting up a new WAP in her kitchen she is experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. Which of the following should a technician check FIRST?
- A. Channels
- B. Frequency
- C. Antenna power level
- D. SSID
NEW QUESTION 9
A technician replaced a broken LED screen on a mobile computer. The operating system can be seen perfectly on screen, but the touch screen is non-responsive.
Which of the following are the MOST probable root causes for the given failure? (Choose three.)
- A. The hardware replacement used is a non-touch-screen.
- B. The touch screen must be calibrated after a replacement.
- C. The digitizer cable is not seated properly on the motherboard.
- D. The new touch-screen drivers must be installed.
- E. The replacement part is dead-on-arrival.
- F. The LCD panel firmware must be updated.
- G. The grounding screws are not securely attached.
NEW QUESTION 10
A technician configures a new printer to be accessible via a print server After setting up the printer on a Windows client machine, the printer prints normally However, after setting up the printer on a macOS client machine, the printer only prints garbled text Which of the following should the technician do to resolve this issue?
- A. Add a macOS-compatible print driver to the printer object on the print server
- B. Configure the Windows client to share the printer with the macOS client
- C. Set the printer on the macOS client to connect to the print server via IPv6
- D. Ensure the network time of the macOS client matches that of the print server.
NEW QUESTION 11
Joe a technician is dispatched to troubleshoot a server that will not boot. The server console states no boot device can be found Joe reboots the server with the same result. He then attempts to repair the master boot record and boot sector with no results. Joe realizes the server is set up in a RAID 0 configuration and is certain there is a bad hard drive. Which of the following should Joe do to get the server to boot right away?
- A. Unplug the defective hard-drive cable and reboot the server
- B. Change the RAID controller configuration from RAID 0 to RAID 5.
- C. Break the mirror and set the good hard drive as the default boot drive
- D. Replace the faulty hard drive and restore from server data from backup
NEW QUESTION 12
A technician was asked to virtualize four existing PCs before decommissioning them. The resulting VMs are imported into a new VM workstation running a hypervisor on top of an OS Three of the VMs are running property, but the entire system locks up when trying to start the fourth VM. Which of the following should the technician have reviewed prior to creating the VMs to prevent this from occurring? (Select TWO)
- A. Hypervisor requirements
- B. Storage requirements
- C. Resource requirements
- D. Network requirements
- E. Backup requirements
- F. Security requirements
NEW QUESTION 13
A technician is troubleshooting network connectivity issues after a new wireless router was installed in an office. Users who connect to the new router are unable to access LAN resources. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the issue?
- A. There are conflicting DHCP servers on the network
- B. There are conflicting ARP records
- C. There are conflicting gateways on the network
- D. There are conflicting IP protocols
NEW QUESTION 14
A user accidentally spills liquid on a laptop. The user wants the device to be fixed and would like to know how much it will cost. Which of the following steps should the technician take NEXT to verify if the device is repairable before committing to a price? (Choose two.)
- A. Remove the case and organize the parts.
- B. Document the screw locations.
- C. Search the Internet for repair tutorials.
- D. Consult colleagues for advice.
- E. Place the device in rice for a few days.
NEW QUESTION 15
An engineer is working at a remote site that does not have Internet access. Which of the following features should the engineer use to connect a laptop to the Internet if hotspot functionality is unavailable?
- A. Tethering
- B. Near field communication
- C. Wireless LAN
- D. Virtual private network
NEW QUESTION 16
Ann, an accountant, reports that after turning on her new laptop, she received a message stating her IP address is already in use on the system. She tried going back to her old desktop, which she now only uses for email, but received the same message. The technician checks the account and sees a comment that Ann requires a special network setup to connect to the banking software. Which of the following should the technician do to resolve the issue?
- A. Remove the static IP configuration from the desktop.
- B. Set the laptop configuration to DHCP to prevent conflicts.
- C. Replace the network card in the laptop, as it may be defective.
- D. Bridge the LAN connection between the laptop and the desktop.
NEW QUESTION 17
A technician has been informed that multiple users are receiving duplicate IP address warnings on their workstations, and they are unable to browse the Internet.
Which of the following server types should the technician log in to in order to resolve the problem?
- A. DNS server
- B. DHCP server.
- C. Proxy server
- D. RADIUS server
NEW QUESTION 18
An administrator has configured a server to host virtualizes instances. The requirements of each VM must be able to scale automatically depending on peak and off-peak usage. Which of the following terms BEST describes this type of cloud concept?
- A. Over provisioning
- B. Measured pooling
- C. Resources pooling
- D. Rapid elasticity
NEW QUESTION 19
A technician is talking to end users about the specifications for an upgraded application server. The users of the application report that there cannot be any unscheduled downtime or data loss. Additionally, they would like the performance of the application to improve over the previous server in any way possible. The previous server running RAID 5.
Which of the following RAID solutions should be implemented in this scenario?
- A. RAID 0
- B. RAID 2
- C. RAID 6
- D. RAID 10
NEW QUESTION 20
Which of the following Internet connection types often terminates at a switching center and then requires the use of a different media for the last mile to the customer?
- A. ISDN
- B. DSL
- C. Fiber
- D. Cable
NEW QUESTION 21
An end user is unable to connect to the network, and a technician has visually verified the lights on the back of the PC are active and there is no physical damage to the Ethernet jack. Which of the following tools should the technician use to continue troubleshooting the connection?
- A. Punchdown tool
- B. Tone generator and probe
- C. Cable tester
- D. Crimper
NEW QUESTION 22
Which of the following services provides the ability to resolve UNC to appropriate IP addresses?
- A. DNS
- B. DHCP
- C. Proxy
- D. Web server
NEW QUESTION 23
A technician is setting up a new SOHO router for a home user. The user has a media server to be accessible from the Internet while the user is traveling.
Which of the following should the technician configure to allow access to the server from the Internet?
- A. Port forwarding
- B. NAT
- C. MAC filtering
- D. QoS
NEW QUESTION 24
Several computers are having network connectivity issues. Two of the computers are wired and are not having any issues. The technician verifies that none of the computers having issues have been assigned a static IP.
Which of the following should the technician check NEXT?
- A. Check the closest AP for the area.
- B. Check each wireless adapter switch
- C. Check the group’s network switch.
- D. Check the DHCP server.
NEW QUESTION 25
A customer’s laptop display has suddenly become very dim. The image of the display can only be seen with a bright, external light, as adjusting the brightness/contracts controls does not cause much change.
Which of the following components MOST likely needs to be replaced?
- A. LCD panel
- B. Inverter
- C. Video card
- D. Digitizer
NEW QUESTION 26
A user received the following error message while trying to access a shared drive: Network Path was Not Found. Which of the following should be performed to resolve the issue? (Select TWO).
- A. Set the NIC to full duplex.
- B. Disable the local firewall.
- C. Reset the TCP/IP stack.
- D. Disable the Ethernet adapter.
- E. Use static IP addressing instead of DHCP.
- F. Flush the DNS cache.
NEW QUESTION 27
An end user wants to have a second monitor installed on a laptop. Which of the following would allow a technician to configure the laptop to show both screens once the cable is connected?
- A. Plug an external monitor into the USB port.
- B. Use the Fn and function key combination
- C. Adjust the monitor display settings.
- D. Enable DisplayPort.
NEW QUESTION 28
P.S. Easily pass 220-1001 Exam with 202 Q&As Certstest Dumps & pdf Version, Welcome to Download the Newest Certstest 220-1001 Dumps: https://www.certstest.com/dumps/220-1001/ (202 New Questions)