Want to know features? Want to lear more about experience? Study . Gat a success with an absolute guarantee to pass Cisco 640-878 (Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2) test on your first attempt.
Free demo questions for Cisco 640-878 Exam Dumps Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
Refer to the show command exhibit.
Which statement is true?
- A. It shows the result of the target configuration merged with the running configuration.
- B. It shows the contents of the uncommitted configuration.
- C. It shows the contents of the failed configuration.
- D. It shows the contents of the running configuration.
Explanation: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r3.6/system_management/command/reference/ yr36conf.pdf
To display information about the current configuration session (target configuration), use the show configuration command in any configuration mode. show configuration [merge] [running]
NEW QUESTION 2
A VLAN is a logical grouping of switch ports that belong to which two of these? (Choose two.)
- A. the same virtual switch cluster
- B. the same IP subnet
- C. the same collision domain
- D. the same broadcast domain
- E. the same virtual routing and forwarding instance
NEW QUESTION 3
You want to configure HSRP between a Cisco IOS and a Cisco IOS XR router for the 192.0.2.0/24 subnet. Half of the PCs on the 192.0.2.0/24 subnet are configured to use 192.0.2.1 as the default gateway, and the other half of the PCs are configured to use 192.0.2.254 as the default gateway. The intent is to load balance the traffic across both routers.
Which two IOS and IOS XR configurations are needed? (Choose two.)
- A. ! IOS-XRinterface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0ip address 192.0.2.3 255.255.255.0router hsrpinterface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0 hsrp 1 ipv4 192.0.2.1hsrp 1 priority 95hsrp 1 preempthsrp 2 ipv4 192.0.2.254hsrp 2 priority 105hsrp 2 preempt
- B. ! IOS-XRinterface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0ip address 192.0.2.1 255.255.255.0router hsrpinterface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0 hsrp 1 ipv4 192.0.2.1hsrp 1 priority 99hsrp 1 preempthsrp 2 ipv4 192.0.2.254hsrp 2 priority 101hsrp 2 preempt
- C. ! IOS-XRinterface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0ip address 192.0.2.3 255.255.255.0router hsrpinterface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0 hsrp 1 ipv4 192.0.2.1hsrp 1 priority 1hsrp 1 preempthsrp 2 ipv4 192.0.2.254hsrp 2 priority 1hsrp 2 preempt
- D. ! IOSinterface GigabitEthernet 0/0ip address 192.0.2.2 255.255.255.0standby 1 ip 192.0.2.1standby 1 priority 105standby 1 preemptstandby 2 ip 192.0.2.254standby 2 priority 95standby 2 preempt
- E. ! IOSinterface GigabitEthernet 0/0ip address 192.0.2.254 255.255.255.0standby 1 ip 192.0.2.1standby 1 preemptstandby 2 ip 192.0.2.254standby 2 preempt
- F. ! IOSinterface GigabitEthernet 0/0ip address 192.0.2.2 255.255.255.0standby 1 ip 192.0.2.1standby 1 preemptstandby 1 priority 2standby 2 ip 192.0.2.254standby 2 preemptstandby 2 priority 2
NEW QUESTION 4
When configuring an ACL entry, which network and wildcard mask matches only IP addresses 10.8.144.0 to 10.8.151.255?
- A. 10.8.144.0 0.0.3.255
- B. 10.8.144.0 0.0.7.255
- C. 10.8.144.0 0.0.15.255
- D. 10.8.144.0 0.0.252.255
- E. 10.8.144.0 0.0.248.255
- F. 10.8.144.0 0.0.240.255
NEW QUESTION 5
On Cisco IOS XR software, how is LDP enabled on an interface?
- A. LDP is automatically enabled globally on all interfaces, when ip cef is enabled globally.
- B. LDP is enabled on each interface, using the mpls ip interface configuration command.
- C. LDP is enabled on each interface, using the interface command under mpls ldp (MPLS LDP configuration mode).
- D. LDP is enabled globally on all interfaces, using the mpls ldp global configuration command.
- E. LDP is enabled globally on all interfaces, using the mpls ip global configuration command.
NEW QUESTION 6
Refer to the exhibit.
Which statement is true?
- A. VLAN 1 traffic is sent untagged on the fa0/11 trunk port.
- B. All VLANs traffic, including the native VLAN traffic, is tagged with a VLAN ID when it is sent over the fa0/11 trunk port.
- C. The switchport trunk allowed vlan command is not configured; therefore, no VLANs are allowed on the trunk.
- D. The encapsulation type that is used is 802.1ad.
- E. The switchport trunk native vlan command is not configured; therefore, the trunk is not operational.
NEW QUESTION 7
Refer to the exhibit.
A network engineer implemented these configurations. However, Intermediate System-to- Intermediate System (IS-IS) neighbors are unable to establish. What is the reason for this error?
- A. missing router IS-IS x command
- B. missing IP router IS-IS command
- C. missing network mask
- D. missing network statement
- E. missing MTU matching value
NEW QUESTION 8
What is the advantage of running IOS-XE individual consolidated packages versus subpackages?
- A. decreases storage requirements
- B. optimizes router memory usage
- C. simplified installation
- D. lowers CPU utilization
NEW QUESTION 9
Which spanning-tree mode can be used to map several VLANs to a single spanning-tree instance?
- A. MST
- B. PVST+
- C. PVRST+
- D. RSTP
NEW QUESTION 10
Which IPv6 address block is reserved for 6to4 tunneling?
- A. 2000::/16
- B. 2001::/16
- C. 2002::/16
- D. 3ffe::/16
- E. fe80::/16
With 6to4 tunnels, the tunnel destination is determined by the border router IPv4 address, which is concatenated to the prefix 2002::/16 in the format 2002:border- router-IPv4-address::/48. The border router at each end of a 6to4 tunnel must support both the IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks.
The configuration of only one IPv4-compatible tunnel and one 6to4 IPv6 tunnel is supported on a router. If you choose to configure both of those tunnel types on the same router, we strongly recommend that they do not share the same tunnel source. The reason that a 6to4 tunnel and an IPv4-compatible tunnel cannot share an interface is that both of them are NBMA "point-to-multipoint" access links and only the tunnel source can be used to reorder the packets from a multiplexed packet stream into a single packet stream for an incoming interface. So when a packet with an IPv4 protocol type of 41 arrives on an interface, that packet is mapped to an IPv6 tunnel interface based on the IPv4 address. However, if both the 6to4 tunnel and the IPv4-compatible tunnel share the same source interface, the router is not able to determine the IPv6 tunnel interface to which it should assign the incoming packet. IPv6 manually configured tunnels can share the same source interface because a manual tunnel is a "point-topoint" link, and both the IPv4 source and IPv4 destination of the tunnel are defined.
NEW QUESTION 11
On Cisco IOS XR software, what is the default commit option?
- A. best-effort
- B. psuedo-atomic
- C. replace
- D. force
NEW QUESTION 12
Refer to the Cisco IOS XR commands exhibit.
The router administrator is trying to activate a software package on the router but is not able to do so. Which statement about this problem is true?
- A. The router needs to be in the global configuration mode.
- B. The router needs to be in the admin global configuration mode.
- C. The router needs to be in the admin EXEC mode.
- D. The install activate command is not the correct command to use.
- E. The administrator needs to log in as the "root" user instead of the "admin" user.
Explanation: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r2.0/getting_started/installation/guide/gs_pack. pdf
NEW QUESTION 13
Refer to the exhibit.
A new customer is not receiving routes from the Provider Edge router. What command needs to be added to advertise routes?
- A. route-policy (route group) in
- B. route-policy (route group) out
- C. route-map (route group) in
- D. prefix-list (prefix-list) in
- E. prefix-list (prefix-list) out
NEW QUESTION 14
Which commands will configure the spanning tree operating mode that can group multiple VLANs in a single domain?
- A. switch(config)#spanning-tree mode pvst
- B. switch(config)#spanning-tree mode rstp
- C. switch(config)#spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst
- D. switch(config)#spanning-tree mode mst
- E. switch(config)#spanning-tree mode mst-plus
NEW QUESTION 15
Within an MPLS domain, which table is used by the ingress edge LSR to make forwarding decisions when an unlabeled IP packet is received?
- A. FIB
- B. LFIB
- C. LIB
- D. MP-BGP
- E. VRF
NEW QUESTION 16
Which three statements about VLAN implementation in a Layer 2 switch environment are true? (Choose three.)
- A. The Cisco IOS switchport access vlan interface configuration command is used to configure the native VLAN on the switch port.
- B. 802.1AD supports VLAN overlap.
- C. VLANs can span across multiple switches.
- D. 802.1Q encapsulation is used to identify different VLANs on a trunk port.
- E. Inter-VLAN routing is performed between VLAN tunnel ports.
IEEE 802.1ad[note 1] is an Ethernet networking standard informally known as IEEE 802.1QinQ and is an amendment to IEEE standard IEEE 802.1Q-1998. The technique is also known as provider bridging, Stacked VLANs or simply QinQ or Q-in-Q.
The original 802.1Q specification allows a single VLAN header to be inserted into an Ethernet frame. QinQ allows multiple VLAN headers to be inserted into a single frame, an essential capability for implementing Metro Ethernet network topologies. Just as QinQ extends 802.1Q, QinQ itself is extended by other Metro Ethernet protocols.[specify] In a multiple VLAN header context, out of convenience the term "VLAN tag" or just "tag" for short is often used in place of "802.1Q VLAN header". QinQ allows multiple VLAN tags in an Ethernet frame; together these tags constitute a tag stack. When used in the context of an Ethernet frame, a QinQ frame is a frame that has 2 VLAN 802.1Q headers (double-tagged).
There is a mild confusion regarding the naming because the 802.1ad standard was grown out of the 802.1QinQ protocol (which was developed based the trademarked method 802.1Q, with capital "Q" as a distinction instead of the 802.1q as the standardised protocol) which originally used 0x9100 as ethernet type instead of 0x88a8. While the network industry usually mix the naming the proper, standardised name is 802.1ad which sometimes gets appended by the other alternative names mentioned above; the plain "802.1QinQ" name usually refers to the old standard which is now considered obsolete
NEW QUESTION 17
S78 port Fa0/23
Use the "show spanning-tree mst" command on each switch to find the port status that shows BLK for VLAN 70.
NEW QUESTION 18
A customer has been allocated a new VLAN on a new Layer 3 switch. After configuring the Switched Virtual Interface, what additional two configurations are required to ensure the switch can route packets to the Internet through a gateway with IP address of 220.127.116.11? (Choose two.)
- A. IP default-gateway 18.104.22.168
- B. IP routing
- C. IP route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 22.214.171.124
- D. IP routing 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 126.96.36.199
- E. IP networking
NEW QUESTION 19
A network administrator is troubleshooting an issue whereupon they able to ping the web server, but unable to web browse to the same web server. When the administrator telnets to the webserver on port 80, the administrator gets a connection refused message. At which three layers of the OSI model does the problem exist? (Choose three.)
- A. Layer 1
- B. Layer 2
- C. Layer 3
- D. Layer 4
- E. Layer 5
- F. Layer 6
- G. Layer 7
NEW QUESTION 20
Refer to the partial Cisco IOS router configuration exhibit.
Which type of tunnel configuration is shown?
- A. GRE tunnel
- B. manual 6in4 tunnel
- C. 6to4 automatic tunnel
- D. 6RD
- E. IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel
P.S. prep-labs.com now are offering 100% pass ensure 640-878 dumps! All 640-878 exam questions have been updated with correct answers: https://www.prep-labs.com/dumps/640-878/ (126 New Questions)