Testking offers free demo for XK0-004 exam. "CompTIA Linux+ Certification Exam", also known as XK0-004 exam, is a CompTIA Certification. This set of posts, Passing the CompTIA XK0-004 exam, will help you answer those questions. The XK0-004 Questions & Answers covers all the knowledge points of the real exam. 100% real CompTIA XK0-004 exams and revised by experts!
Online CompTIA XK0-004 free dumps demo Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
After installing a new web server, you are unable to browse to the default web page. INSTRUCTIONS
Review all the command output and select the command needed to remediate the issue.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.
Does this meet the goal?
- A. Yes
- B. Not Mastered
NEW QUESTION 2
Given the output below:
Which of the following commands can be used to remove MyPhoto.jpg from the current directory?
- A. unlink ./MyPhoto.jpg
- B. del Pictures/photo.jpg
- C. rm –rf ./Pictures
- D. rm –f MyPhoto.jpg
- E. ln –rm ./Pictures/photo.jpg
NEW QUESTION 3
A company wants to ensure that all newly created files can be modified only by their owners and that all new directory content can be changed only by the creator of the directory. Which of the following commands will help achieve this task?
- A. umask 0022
- B. umask 0012
- C. chmod –R 0644 /
- D. chmod –R 0755 /
NEW QUESTION 4
In order to comply with new security policies, an administrator needs to prevent the SSH server from using insecure algorithms.
Which of the following files should be edited to accomplish this?
- A. /etc/ssh/sshd_config
- B. /etc/ssh/ssh_config
- C. ~/.ssh/ssh_config
- D. /etc/ssh/known_hosts
NEW QUESTION 5
An administrator notices that a long-running script, /home/user/script.sh, is taking up a large number of system resources. The administrator does not know the script’s function. Which of the following commands should the administrator use to minimize the script’s impact on system resources?
- A. renice
- B. kill
- C. bg
- D. nohup
NEW QUESTION 6
A junior administrator of a physical server receives log messages indicating the out-of-memory killer has been active. All memory slots are in use on the motherboard, but additional disk space is available. Space has been allocated for a swap file.
Which of the following should the administrator use to reduce the output of memory messages?
- A. free : swapoff / swapfile ; swapon -a
- B. mkswap /swapfile; swapon –a
- C. fallocate –l 2G /swapfile && swapon –a
- D. echo “1” > /proc/meninfo ; swapon / swapfile
NEW QUESTION 7
A Linux system is running normally when the systems administrator receives an alert that one application spawned many processes. The application is consuming a lot of memory, and it will soon cause the machine to become unresponsive. Which of the following commands will stop each application process?
- A. kill ‘pidof application’
- B. killall application
- C. kill -9 ‘ps –aux | grep application’
- D. pkill -9 application
NEW QUESTION 8
Which of the following is the BEST reason for not storing database files in the /var directory?
- A. The /var filesystem is not fast enough for database files.
- B. The number of files in /var is limited by the available inodes.
- C. Files in /var do not have strict file permissions.
- D. If log files fill up /var, it might corrupt the database.
NEW QUESTION 9
A junior systems administrator created a new filesystem /dev/sda1 with mountpoint /data and added it to the
/etc/fstab for auto-mounting.
When the systems administrator tries to mount the file system, the system refuses. Given the output below:
Which of the following steps is necessary?
- A. Change the filesystem from /dev/sda1 to /dev/sda2 and reboot.
- B. Change the options to auto,dev,sync,rw,nosuid and run the mount -a command.
- C. Change the mount point to data and reboot.
- D. Change the dump column to 1 and run the mount -a command.
NEW QUESTION 10
A Linux systems administrator needs to provision multiple web servers into separate regional datacenters. The systems architect has instructed the administrator to define the server infrastructure using a specific tool that consumes a text-based file.
Which of the following is the BEST reason to do this?
- A. To document the infrastructure so it can be included in the system security plan
- B. To ensure the administrator follows the planning phase of the system development life cycle
- C. To define the infrastructure so it can be provisioned consistently with minimal manual tasks
- D. To validate user requirements have been met within each regional datacenter for compliance
NEW QUESTION 11
A new HTTPS web service is being deployed on a server. Which of the following commands should the Linux administrator use to ensure traffic is able to flow through the system firewall to the new service?
- A. iptables –I OUTPUT –p tcp --sport 443 –j ACCEPT
- B. iptables –A INPUT –p tcp --dport 443 –j ACCEPT
- C. iptables –I INPUT --dport 443 –j ACCEPT
- D. iptables –A OUTPUT –p tcp --dport 443 –j ACCEPT
NEW QUESTION 12
An engineer is working on a production application deployment that requires changing a web application property file called server.property that is managed by the Git version control system. A cloned copy of the remote repository in which the server.property file exists is on the local desktop computer. The engineer makes appropriate changes to the files, saves it as server.property, and executes git commit –m “changed the property file” server.property. Which of the following commands did the engineer fail to perform?
- A. git init server.property
- B. git merge server.property
- C. git add server.property
- D. git push server.property
NEW QUESTION 13
A Linux server needs to be accessed, but the root password is not available.
Which of the following would BEST allow an administrator to regain access and set a new known password at the same time?
- A. Boot into a single-user mode and reset the password via the passwd command.
- B. Boot into a single-user mode and reset the password by editing the /etc/passwd file.
- C. Boot into a single-user mode and reset the password by editing the /etc/shadow file.
- D. Boot into a single-user mode and reset the password via the chage command.
NEW QUESTION 14
Which of the following would be the BEST solution for a systems administrator to access the graphical user environment of a Linux machine remotely?
- A. VNC
- B. KDE
- C. X11
- D. RPC
NEW QUESTION 15
Ann, a junior systems administrator, is required to add a line to the /etc/yum.conf file. However, she receives the following error message when she tries to add the line:
Ann performs some diagnostics to attempt to find the root cause:
Which of the following commands should Ann execute to write content to /etc/yum?
- A. chmod 755 /etc/yum.conf
- B. setfacl –m m:rw /etc/yum.conf
- C. chattr –I /etc/yum.conf
- D. setenforce 0
NEW QUESTION 16
A junior Linux administrator is installing patches using YUM. The administrator issues the following command:
yum list installed
The output of the command is as follows:
Given this scenario and the output, which of the following should the administrator do to address this issue?
- A. renice –n 9 –p 5180
- B. killall yum
- C. ps –ef | grep yum
- D. top | grep yum
NEW QUESTION 17
P.S. Easily pass XK0-004 Exam with 267 Q&As Downloadfreepdf.net Dumps & pdf Version, Welcome to Download the Newest Downloadfreepdf.net XK0-004 Dumps: https://www.downloadfreepdf.net/XK0-004-pdf-download.html (267 New Questions)